Our commitment to privacy
Beezy Pty Ltd (“Beezy”) offers a range of different products and services to both individuals and businesses through our website (www.beezy.com.au), Beezy’s business portal , customer mobile application, NFC smart signs and after-call notification software. Collectively these products and services are referred to as “Beezy’s Services”. Individuals use Beezy’s Services to provide feedback to businesses regarding their products and services. Businesses use Beezy’s Services to view the feedback individuals submit about their business so they can better understand their needs and improve their customers’ experience.
What information do we collect and hold?
The types of information we collect and hold will depend on how you use Beezy’s Services and the nature of our relationship with you.
Personal information you give us
If you are an individual and you use Beezy’s Services, we will collect the following information from you:
- date of birth;
- state/territory; and
- contact details (including phone number and email address).
From time to time we may collect additional information from individuals, such as; address, employment status, employer details, salary details, marital status, whether you have any dependents and your spending habits.
If you apply for a job with us, you may be required to provide us with information, such as your name, date of birth, contact details, address, financial details (e.g. personal bank account number, tax file number and superannuation details), previous employers’ details, information necessary to run a criminal history or background check and other information.
If you are a business that has a commercial relationship with us, you will be required to complete a registration form. In this form we will ask you to complete a series of fields which gives us information about your business; including:
- company/business name;
- contact details;
- place of business and registered address;
- the types of products and services you provide;
- financial information;
- details about the your customer-base;
- details about how you gather feedback from your customers;
- details about your IT systems;
- details about your marketing practices; and/or
- other information about you which may assist us in providing you with Beezy’s Services.
Businesses that use Beezy’s Services may also be asked follow up questions about their business and customers, such as; demographic information of customers, the products and services used by their customers and other commercially sensitive information designed to help us better provide Beezy’s Services.
We may also collect data and information about businesses that do not have a commercial relationship with us. This data could be publicly available or purchased through third parties.
Information we get when you use Beezy’s Services
If you are an individual and you use Beezy’s Services, you will leave a ‘digital footprint’ with us. That digital footprint tells us a range of different things about you. This information includes:
- details in oursever logs which tell us how you used Beezy’s Services and whether you had any crashes or errors while using them;
- IP addresses used to access Beezy’s Services;
- records of business ratings and surveys you have completed using Beezy’s Services;
- which businesses you shop with, visit, have contact with, or are in the vicinity of;
- geolocation data indicating your location within a retail premises;
- details about the products and services you purchase from businesses; and/or
- dates and times that you use Beezy’s Services.
If you are a business that has a commercial relationship with us, we will collect information about your usage of Beezy’s Services. This information includes:
- details in oursever logs which provide us with information about how you used Beezy’s Services and whether you had any crashes or errors while using them;
- IP addresses you used when using Beezy’s Services;
- dates and times that you use Beezy’s Services; and
- records of business ratings and surveys that individuals have completed about you using Beezy’s Services.
Use of website cookies
You should be aware that when you visit our website, we and/or third parties may place cookies on your browser to enhance and manage our website and improve our business and Beezy’s Services. We and/or third-parties may use this information to optimise and place advertisements, including advertisements of third party businesses and remarketing advertisements based on past visits to this website.
- the type of device you are using (e.g. brand and hardware model);
- your computer’s operating system;
- your computer’s browser type and capabilities;
- your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address and geolocation;
- websites you have visited, including how you were referred to each website; and
- website statistics, including the time spent on each website.
Third parties may place and read cookies on your browser, or use web beacons or similar technologies to collect information.
Cookies can be managed and deleted by accessing the individual settings of your browser. You may not be able to access some parts of our website if you choose to disable the cookie acceptance in your browser. We therefore recommend you enable cookie acceptance to benefit from all of Beezy’s Services.
Some of Beezy’s Services require you to enable location services on your mobile device. For example, if you have installed our Mobile Application, you may receive a ‘push-notification’ asking you to leave a review of a business if the geolocation records of your mobile device indicate that you are in the vicinity of the business. The geolocation data allows us to provide you with push-notifications which are related to a specific business location.
How do we collect your information?
We collect information from you when you use Beezy’s Services, or have other dealings with us or third parties we are affiliated with.
There are three ways we collect your information.
You provide it to us
You could provide us your information in a number of different ways; including:
- when you provide your contact details on our online registration form or landing page;
- when you contact usand leave a message with your contact details; and/or
- when you register for Beezy’s Services.
You use Beezy’s Services
We could collect personal information about you when you use Beezy’s Services in a number of different ways; including when you:
- visit our website;
- use our mobile application or business portal;
- tap your phone on one of our NFC smart signs; and/or
- complete a Beezygenerated after-call survey sent to you by a business we have a commercial relationship with.
We obtain information from third parties
We may engage third parties who provide us with your personal information. This information may be taken from:
- businesses that use Beezy’s Services;
- marketing mail lists;
- public databases and social media platforms; and/or
- commercially available geographic and demographic information.
How do we use your information?
We are careful in how we use your information. We use it to deliver Beezy’s Services to you and we also use it for other reasons, such as to understand you and your needs. If you are an individual, we may use your information to assist businesses (who we have a commercial relationship with) to improve their level of service to you. It also may be used to let you know about Beezy’s Services which we think you may be interested in. Moreover, it may be used to let you know about products or services being offered by third parties with whom we have a commercial relationship.
We collect, use and exchange your information for a wide range of purposes; including:
Your information helps us properly manage Beezy’s Services and maintain and update our records.
Providing Beezy’s Services to you:
In order to use Beezy’s Services, you must provide us with your information. Whether you are an individual who is rating companies, or a business who is in a commercial relationship with us, we need to know who our users and customers are. By better understanding you, we can improve Beezy’s Services, so we better meet your needs.
We may need to be able to communicate with you to provide you information about Beezy’s Services. Communication could take a number of different forms; including, email, SMS, social media, push notifications, telephone or other methods. Being able to contact you will help us improve your experience when using Beezy’s Services.
We want to make sure you know about Beezy’s Services, special offers, and other things we think will benefit you. Sometimes we may use your information to market Beezy’s Services directly to you. Moreover, we may also use your information to send you marketing material from one of our trusted commercial partners. In some cases, marketing activity may continue after you have stopped using Beezy’s Services and it will continue until you opt-out. You can stop us using your information for direct marketing by contacting us by email listed at the bottom. In regard to any email marketing you receive, simply click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email and elect not to receive any future marketing material from us.
Providing you with rewards and promotional gifts
When you provide feedback to businesses using Beezy’s Services, you may be eligible for rewards and promotional gifts. We may use your information (e.g. your contact details) to inform you about your eligibility or to deliver the reward or promotional gift to you. If you are receiving promotional information from us and do not wish to receive this any longer, please contact us using our contact details below asking to be removed from our mailing lists, or use the unsubscribe facilities included in our marketing communications.
We may use your information in order for us to comply with the law, and assist government or law enforcement agencies in enforcing the law.
When do we share your information?
In carrying out our business, it may be necessary to share information about you with and between our related bodies corporate.
We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to us. These services may include:
- customer enquiries and support services;
- mailing and logistics operations;
- payment gateway and banking services;
- market research, marketing, telemarketing services;
- information technology, network, development, analysis and business intelligence services;
- legal services;
- accounting services;
- entities that facilitate or implement the transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business; and
- other organisations that may provide us with support services from time to time.
Moreover, we may also be required to share your personal information with businesses who use Beezy’s Services in order to improve both Beezy’s Services and the products and services these businesses can offer you.
In order for us to comply with the law, we may be required to provide your information to law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities.
We may be required to share your personal information third parties that are located outside of Australia. These third parties may provide services to us or they (or their related body corporates) may use Beezy’s Services.
How can you access your information?
Under the Commonwealth Privacy Act, you have the right to obtain a copy of any information which we hold about you and to advise us of any perceived inaccuracy. We note that the Act does set out some exceptions to this.
To make a required, you need to complete an application form verifying your identity and specifying what information you require.
We will acknowledge your request within 14 days and respond promptly to it. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. If the information sought is expensive, we will advise the likely cost in advance and can help to refine your request if required.
How can you make a privacy complaint?
If you consider that any action of ours breaches this Policy, or the Australian Privacy Principles or otherwise does not respect your privacy, you can make a complaint. We will investigate your complaint thoroughly and promptly. To make a complaint, please email us using the details in the “How can you contact us?” section below.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions in relation to the Policy or our how we collect, hold or disclosure your information or you would like a copy of the Policy sent to you, then you can contact us by:
Emailing us: Info@beezy.com.au